68th: HELLO, COVID 19 SURVIVORS ALUMNI

Assalamualaikum

Currently diffusing: YL Clove and Eucalyptus Radiata

After surviving the pandemic for two and a half years, Covid 19 finally got to me.

And boyyy, do I had it bad!

Two weeks ago, my throat was killing me. I decided to do a home swab test and it turned out negative but the pain just won't go away.

So off I went to the hospital and my doctor diagnosed me as having quite an episode of throat infection (there were many white spots on my throat which explained the pain) and she sent me home with a bag of antibiotics, paracetamol and flu meds.

Home I went and for the next three days, I had the worst fever ever!

I couldn't even stand on my own and had to be helped to the bathroom. I could only eat white bread during the whole time. My bed was my life guys!

But I still husnuzon as I had experience this kinda fever a few years back. Only that this time the fever came with a package of sore throat, cough and flu.

I had no suspicion of me having Covid 19 or anything like that though at that time, I felt really sick (mind you during the whole three days, I even do another four home swab tests and they all came back negative!). 

Then on the fourth day, my family and I decided to do PCR as we all started to develop symptoms. Everyone was coughing left and right. Yes guys, do take note when you started coughing or having sore throat. That might be the earliest indicator of what's coming next.

So what's coming next? POSITIVE PCR results! Yup, turned out my family and I were having Covid 19 after all.

And here I thought I'm going to be the answer to all humankind to fight off the virus. Terciduk sudah diriku dengan Covid 19 guys!

That is how my two and a half years of cheating Covid 19 came to a halt. I finally joined the alumni of Covid 19 survivors.

I am thankful to my family and friends who have been really supportive and shared many tips on how to survive Covid 19.

Here I'd like to share a few tips that worked for me so far:

1. Load up on lemon, clove and natural honey. Make a warm glass (yes glass. Not cup. NOT enough) of perahan sebiji lemon, tiga ke lima biji cloves and a spoonful of honey. Drink it daily. It'll help to legakan pernafasan and cairkan kahak/lendir.

2. If you have diffuser and essential oils, diffuse day and night! My choices of EOs to diffuse include Clove, Eucalyptus Radiata, Eucalyptus Globulus and Peppermint. I also sapu Peppermint on my chest before going to sleep. It helps me sleep (as I can't sleep baring macam biasa sebab hidung congested and batuk, so I had to double my pillows. Therefore having these oils help to ease my breathing and make me feel more comfortable).

3. Get some fresh air and early morning sun. Berjemur kejap antara pukul 8 ke 9 pagi cmtu. Take in as much oxygen and natural Vitamin D as you can.

4. EAT! I know this one is hard coz Covid 19 can make some of us lose our sense of taste and smell. I myself lost my deria rasa and bau on my fourth @ fifth day but I decided to ignore that and just eat. As I had already kurang makan for the first three days, I don't want to waste time and allow my body to grow weaker. So I ate. I ordered whatever I feel like eating and at the same time, I also eat lots of citrus fruits to boost my immune system.

5. Sanitize your bed daily. Every morning after I bangun tidur, I'll open my bedroom window and sanitize my bed, comforter and pillows with Dettol spray. If you have air filter/purifier, that is much better. Set it to turbo to help clean and circulate the air.

My Aidiladha with cousins.
Little did I know a few days after this photo was taken, I'll be down with Covid 19.
Subhanallah~Allah is the best planner.

I think what I have learned (and still learning) most from this experience is to always think positive and organize my (read: negative) thoughts.

As someone who is really anxious when it comes to anything health-related, it can be very challenging to control my thinking to not think of the worst in this kinda situation.

But I try my best to focus on improvements, even small ones. 

For instance, when I woke up on day four and I no longer have fever, I focus on that. I focus on the positive outcome.

Though I am still recuperating (I mean it is a slow and steady process), just trust the process and put faith in your ability to bounce back from Covid 19.

InsyaAllah with all the ikhtiar done (vaccinations, booster injection, social distancing, keeping our living space clean, etc), things will get better.

I wish everyone who's reading this will always be in the protection of Allah SWT. May all of us live a happy and healthy life. InsyaAllah.

Salam menggemok and toodles~

Assalamualaikum and take care!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

42nd: CORET KURSUS KADET PTD (4)

28th: SI ARNAB GEMOK WENT PTD INTERVIEW

43rd: CORET KURSUS KADET PTD (5/GRAND FINALE)